Thursday, November 27, 2008

Counting my blessings...even when they are few.

I went back to the German RE today. Not so good news. As it turns out my HDL-C (good cholesterol) is extremely low. In fact, he says, it is the lowest he has seen in all his years. What does this mean? According to the doctor this means that 30 years have been shaved off my life and heart disease or stroke could come in at any moment and claim me!! You know what I say? This is the super duper kick in the rear I needed to get myself motivated...and this is a trial worth thanking God for. Contrary to what the blog title says, I have abundant blessings in my life. I may not have the best material blessings, or lots of people showering me with affection, but what I do have is so much better in comparison. I have life, and after today I am not going to let any sickness or disease take me away from it. Sometimes I get a bug in my ear and forget that God can and does run things a lot better than me...and then He reminds of that by getting my attention. I have been praying for motivation to lose weight and get healthy, for months I have been praying for this. Talk about a shout out loud answer to a prayer. I hear you God and I am not going to let this get the better of me!! I will beat this thing with YOUR help!! So I thank God that I am going to get in better shape and get healthy. I thank God for His blood that covers every sickness and disease known to man, and that He is the great Healer. Today's news has renewed my thirst for the Lord and for life. Sometimes we think we have gotten the short end of the stick and we complain, forgetting that all the while God has already set in motion, a plan for us to prosper....then all of a sudden BAM! His plan is ever so evident. Ladies and gentlemen, Sally will get better. Today truly is a day of Thanksgiving for me. Giving thanks for love, humor, intelligence, good friends, communication, and love...but most of all thankful for the Heavenly Father and His undying love for me and that He loves me so much He would give me the motivation I need to get healthy. I love you Jesus, you are the best.

No comments: