Friday, May 11, 2012

Thankful.

How could you not be thankful for a smile like that?


Truly amazing people.
My big sister.


I love these two women.
My mommy.
My baby when he was in the hospital in Garmisch.
Home for R&R.
Thankful for promotions.
Thankful for a sister who likes spontaneous roadtrips!
I don't really have anything of importance to say tonight, other than I am just thankful.  I am thankful for my husband and my son.  I am thankful for our church family and church Pastor; what a blessing.  I am thankful for salvation.  I am thankful that I am finally realizing that it is OKAY to disagree with people you love.  I am thankful that I am learning new things and growing in Christ, because who really wants to be stuck in the same place forever?  I am thankful for parents who choose to step outside the box and aren't afraid to show it.  I am thankful that I can be humble yet bold in matters of my beliefs.  I am thankful that I don't have to please every person in my life, because that is just too much work (and heartache).  I am thankful for the horrible things that I have experienced in my life, because I can appreciate how good I have it now.  I am thankful that my husband served in U.S. Army because it allowed us to grow in so many areas of our lives and meet so many wonderful people whom we now consider family.  Speaking of which, I am thankful for my military sisters because only they will understand that even years after his service has ended, I will still hesitate a bit when I hear a knock on the front door.   I am thankful for my parents and my grandparents, because they have given me history lessons that no classroom will ever hold a candle to.
  I am thankful that I had the opportunity to live in a vastly different culture because I can now see how truly "free" we are in this country and I can make better decisions for my family because of that knowledge.  I am thankful I use cloth diapers because even if the laundry is one load heavier, we have saved a lot of money.  I am thankful for the home we have because it is ours and it is special, even if some people think it's too small.  I am thankful for our dog because he is teaching me loyalty.  I am thankful for facebook because I can chat with people thousands or  hundreds of miles away, in an instant.  I am thankful for caring and compassionate medical professionals because they make me want to help others.  I am thankful that I have food to eat, because I have seen what starvation does to a person.  I am thankful for death, because it makes me appreciate life all the more.  Most of all?  I am thankful that I have forgiveness and salvation in the Lord...because none of the above would matter at all without it.  What about you, what are you thankful for? 

No comments: