Monday, May 07, 2012

Triglycerides, LDL, and HDL...oh MY!

The word is in, or rather the lab results are in.  Seems my blood work up was fairly normal, oh you know except for the lipid panel.  This was the fact sheet I was dreading and my dread was indeed justified.  I have what is known as borderline high cholesterol and very high triglycerides.  This was not a surprise to me actually, but it would have been nice to see my change in eating and exercise regiment yield better results, but I digress.  I still have to face my doctor, who I just know will shake her perfectly manicured finger in my face and say something along the lines of, "See?  I told you that you were extremely unhealthy and you need to lose weight because the blood work up proves it.  Now here are some more pills, call me in two months."  Not really, I hope she doesn't say that to me, because I will most likely walk right out of there and take those darn triglycerides with me.  The LDL cholesterol is very low and now I need to work on raising it.  Looks like it even fewer carbs for me *sigh* but I have to do what I must because, after all, I want to be here for my children and their children.  It is just so discouraging to get numbers like these even with all the cardio and light weight training I've been doing.  Times like this I just feel like it's not worth it, so why bother?  Does anyone actually enjoy sweating their butt off doing hard cardio?  Does anyone actually enjoy counting reps and sets when weight training? Because I do not.  I get bored and that's a big reason I quit body building.  Sure, my body was being sculpted and I was eating all the stupid shakes and other crap they gave me...but I got so bored with it all.  I practically lived at the gym and after a while just quit going.  So here I am sweating my buns off and doing all this walking and not eating or drinking what I REALLY want to, and I still feel like a failure.  *sigh*  God are you there?  It's me, Sally.  I really need you to perform a miracle and give me motivation to do even more workouts and eat even less yummy food.  No, I really don't want to, but I do want to be healthy.  I'm not asking to be skinny or a smaller size, just help my body's insides function normally and my blood work be perfect.  Thanks for giving me life and I want you to know, God, that I am doing this so I can give You the glory.  It won't be of my doing, oh no, I really want to eat those donuts and all those yummy fries and drink all the coke I possibly can....but I want to do this for YOU.  Thanks God, I love you.  ~Amen

No comments: