Friday, February 22, 2013

Kids, construction, and snow.

So here it is another month without a blog post.  "Is this thing on?"  I just wanted to offer a small update on what has been going on 'round these parts.  We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby, we have been blessed to receive major help on getting the bedroom built in the basement, and we have a tentative timeline for the increase in our household!  

Travis relocated to a different store (same position thank God) and he is enjoying it so much more.  I told him to be prepared for a promotion in the near future, I can feel it in my bones.  Not only is he overly prepared for this position, but I know God is going to reward him for his patience.  TJ's vocabulary and big boy habits have taken off like a rocket!  He has near perfect pronunciation, he is thisclose to being fully potty trained, he blew his nose for the first time yesterday (which is a big deal around here), and he knows how to count to 20.  My kid is so smart and he makes me so proud to be his mama!  He will be 3 this year, and that means looking into preschool.  Be still my beating heart, where has the time gone?  

Our two extra family members continue to visit us and we are introducing them to how we run things in this house.  It has been an adjustment when they are here, but I know it will make things much smoother when we have them full time.  I just ask that you keep our family in your prayers as this is going to be a major change in all our lives and we must overcome.

I am 17 weeks pregnant today, and boy do I feel every bit of it.  My stomach has popped, I feel full after eating the smallest amount, and forget about my normal exercise routine....I have had to tone it down.  I am excited as next week I get to book the appointment that will *hopefully* tell us if we will be buying pink or keep the blue (secretly I really want a girl, but I am happy either way).  I haven't really felt regular movement, but I have felt a few somersaults and punches or kicks at random.  The dog seems to gravitate towards my belly, so maybe he can hear something I can't?  Either that or he is fascinated by the now protruding belly I sport.  

Well, that is about it.  Other than the fact that although I grew up in the stuff and have learned to deal with it....I still don't care for Michigan winter weather.  Give me a balmy 75* every day all year and I will be grateful.  I know God wants us in Michigan for now, but I pray that we get to move to South Carolina once all has been settled and in rightful order here.  Thanks for reading and God bless you all!

~Sally 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big over tone being comming up but remember God give us know more then we can handle.. I am very blessed to have Travis as my son and you as my daughter-in-law. God choise pathes for you to some I dont understand but its not for me or anyone to understand but God.. And thank God for all my grandchildren and the ones to come... I know yall well be real good troopers and handle what God puts yalls way. I love all 3 and helf + doggy . mamma