Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

Here it is folks, another obligatory end of the year post!  Every year I resolve to write more on my blog and every year I fail. I suppose I will resolve to keeping this blog for the sole purpose of cathartic writing, so there.  That said, here is a brief look back at the highlights of 2013 (in no chronological order...c'mon it is too late for my brain to function that well).

In 2013:

  • We received promise of new arrivals in our home.
  • We found out we were having a baby girl.
  • My son started home schooling.
  • The promise of new arrivals were dashed by a corrupt system that I am convinced is designed to see families fall apart.
  • My little boy suddenly stopped being so little, and it made me a bit sad.
  • My husband and I went through a new phase of falling in love.
  • My husband and I discovered things we never knew about each other.
  • I watched my son marvel at the arrival of his baby sister.
  • I birthed my daughter on the ottoman of our couch (seriously...how have you NOT read that yet?!).
  • I proved to myself that I am stronger than I ever thought possible.
  • My husband finally learned that there are in fact inappropriate times to joke around.
  • I went another year missing some friends/family that I really want/need to see.
  • I watched my little boy morph into a big brother.
  • I learned to let go of my past and truly forgive others and myself.
  • I strayed from God, but I am finding my way back.
  • I met some amazing women who I consider life long friends.
  • I started my first online shop where I sell my crochet goodies.
  • The lesson of humility hit us and hard.
  • I started a foundation for Veterans who suffer from unseen wounds, like my husband.
  • I learned my husband is a humble man.
  • God tested my faith.
It is my sincere hope that 2014 is good to you all and that fear, doubt, suffering, loss, grief, and anger will have no place in your new year.  I hope the same thing for my family and myself.  I am praying for prosperity, a deeper sense of spirituality and faith in God, a stronger desire and action to help those less fortunate than I, and to rid myself of all negativity.  God bless you and keep you and His grace be ever upon you!

Love,

Sally 

No comments: