Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Phase II

Yeah, I know what you are thinking...you bought stuff already and you're not even an active member yet?? Well, you know what? Motivation and FAITH people....its all about having faith. Both Travis and I have come to the realization that we may never bare biological children. What is biology anyway, except blood lines, physical traits, and sometimes the hereditary bad behavior? Being a mom and dad is very important to both of us. As we enter Phase II of this process we will encounter challenges along the way, for sure. There will be days when I am sure I have had enough of the paper work and endless waiting. There will be days when all we want is to have it happen right now! So today, for a little motivation I went and bought two onsies...of course they are neutral colors but cute and very inspiring to say the least. Some people think I am crazy for this..."you shouldn't get your hopes up, its way too early to be doing that, etc." We love our family and our friends very much. If it wasn't for our faith in Jesus or our faith in each other, there is no way either of us could make it. So, here it is...the cute picture of the stuff I bought and was given (thank you Shelbie, for your unwavering encouragement and support!).
Do not think that I am blinded by this adoption and lost in some fairy tale that it will be fast and easy, things in this life rarely are. I understand that these things take time and the Lord will make things happen in His time. However, I will keep these as a reminder of how determined we are to become mommy and daddy to a little baby, every time I see them I will have a renewed sense of faith and strength. I know Travis feels the same way. I can hear in his voice how excited he is that he will be a daddy, and will soon be able to be the father he never had. Neither of us has had it easy, but we will make a better life for our child and present more opportunities than we were offered. The love we are so ready to give our child cannot be described in words, but only in the feeling that one day we will hold our own precious baby in our arms, and finally be the family we have struggled for and prayed for. This whole process feels right to us, and for once things are going smoothly and without error (thus far). Travis and I continue to ask for your prayers and your support. We are not active and waiting yet, but we will be in due time. Thanks, and God Bless!
-The Moser's

No comments: