Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Small baby steps...

No pun intended! We are taking small steps to complete our goal of adopting a newborn and calling him/her our very own! I sent in our first batch of paperwork today. I am praying that it is met with approving eyes and very enthusiastic attitudes. Travis and I have been working hard on this, yes I say both of us because he has been on the phone with me listening to every last detail about everything that is going, and he has some input believe me! Though he is thousands of miles away, it almost feels like he right here doing this with me. There will be frustration, anxiety, and a whole other slew of emotions that I am not looking forward to...but this is the real deal we are talking about. A real human infant, totally dependant on me and Travis. We will cross our t's and dot our i's as much as we have to if it means being able to have our own baby to love and raise. I have made copies of nearly every document that I have filled out, so I can send them to Travis for him to look over. I know he is a war zone right now, but for those moments of free time he has....maybe reading over some of the paperwork will take his mind off of the struggles he faces. I only hope it will give him the drive he needs to be successful and competant in his missions. I pray for all of our friends that have been affected over there...Gods speed to them all. This separation isnt easy for any of us, and I hope we can all stick together through this. Well, I will write more when more progress is made! Take care and God bless!

Many Blessings,

Travis and Sally

No comments: