Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Anti-Annoyed...

So the other day when I posted about being annoyed, I truly was annoyed.  With people and various circumstances in which I find myself on a day to day basis.  However, I promised a change this year did I not?  In my defense, I would just like to say that Wednesday was a very emotionally tough day for me; many realizations had dawned on me all at once and I was not prepared for the onslaught of heartache.  That said, I am doing much better after having promised myself to move forward and given these people/situations to God because I am simply done with trying to deal with them on my own.  Clearly, these were issues that I knew would need to be dealt with at some point, but I was so focused on being happy that I tucked them away in that deep part of my brain known as, "deal with it later," and somehow they spilled out.  It was a very good thing I had church that evening, because being with my church family was just what the "good" Doctor ordered.  Now with all THAT said, I would like to write an anti-annoyed list and share with you all (okay, just me...but still) to counteract the negativity of my last post (although, the peeing thing really DOES annoy me).  I present to you, in no particular order, 35 things that make me happy!  Enjoy. 

1.)  Waking up to sunshine instead of overcast skies.
2.) Watching elderly couples flirt after all the years they've been together. - My grandparents aren't together anymore, but even I can see they still sort of regard each other in "that" way...they think I don't know.
3.) People who call me from time to time just to say hi and check in. - Granted, I am not the best at keeping in touch with people but it is nice to hear from someone every once in a while...I ought to take my own advice.
4.) When I see daddies wearing their babies. - There is nothing more masculine than taking care of your babies, and being a baby-wearer myself...it is especially "awwww" worthy when a dad does it.
5.) Listening to my son talk himself to sleep. - Even after nearly 3 years of having him....sometimes I am still amazed that he is my baby.
6.) When I see the opportunity to give to someone in need and it seems like everything is in place for me to do so. - It never fails and I love helping people, everyone deserves kindness.
7.)  Singing in front of people, especially my church family. - Whether a big crowd or a small gathering, bringing emotion to people through song is something that I will never tire of.

8.) Babies. - They smell good, they are cute, they are innocence personified.
9.) When my husband cooks me an omelette.- Getting him to cook me an omelette is like asking the Pope to come to a Gospel church service...you would think I was asking him for a kidney.  Man that man cook a mean omelette though.
10.) Purses.- I have one in nearly every color of the rainbow.  I am not a purse snob, I don't care what brand as long as it is cute.
11.) When I can share my testimony of infertility.- I was told that I may never have children, but I do and he is the best!
12.) Chili's Buffalo Chicken Salad. - I have tried to recreate this amazing salad to no avail.  I am hooked.
13.) Fried Pickles.- Because duh!
14.) Being married to someone who has seen me at my worst and still thinks I am the hottest woman ever.- God really broke the mold with that man.
15.) When I put on a coat after not wearing it for very long, and I find money in the pocket. - This is awesome because it has happened nearly every winter for the past few years.  Keep it comin'!
16.) When I see a new mom or a seasoned mom breastfeeding their baby without apology.- One of my biggest fears of moving back to this country was all the nonsense over breastfeeding and how I would cope, because in Europe this isn't an issue at all.  Whenever I see a mama feeding her baby in public, I smile at her and let her know that I have her back.  I always get a knowing smile right back. 
17.) When I am feeling a little blue or a little sick and my boy comes up to me, hugs me, kisses me, and says, "mama." - That right there?  I don't ever want to take that for granted, I feel instantly better.
18.) When people are losing weight for health and for themselves, not for society or because someone else told them to. - Do it for you, not for someone else...it isn't their body.
19.) Coffee. - I do take some coffee with my flavored creamers...hehe.
20.) Lying down on freshly laundered sheets.- They are so soft and smell so good.
21.) Being able to walk into a store and buy something if the opportunity arises.- I will never take this for granted again. 
22.) Knowing that this earth is not my forever home.- I used to think people who believed in God were crazy and that Heaven was just a nice little fantasy they told themselves to make themselves feel better.  After everything I have been through in my life, I now understand those people.  I am so glad I will go to Heaven.
23.) Sunny days. - Must be the vitamin D.
24.) Amusement Parks.- Although I don't love roller coasters as much as I used to, I still love the smaller rides and just spending a fun day with my family and friends.
25.) Jesus. - This should go without saying, but I say it anyway.
26.) My husband. - He has done a lot with his life and he makes me so proud and happy to be his wife.
27.) Me. - I am finally becoming happy with me and who I am.
28.) The first bite into a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. - Yup, it is that good.
29.) When I balance my checkbook and it actually balances! - I am such a nerd, I get geeked over this.
30.) When good things happen to my family and friends. - I weep when they weep and I rejoice when they rejoice.
31.) When someone takes the time to be honest with me, even if its not what I want to hear. - Very seldom do I come across people who tell me the truth in a loving way, instead they wish to lie to me and it hurts because I know I am worthy of the truth.
32.) When I am having a bad day and I am praying to God for help and suddenly the phone rings and the person who was on my heart is on the other end. - This has happened to me on many occasions, I thank God each and every time.
33.) People who love me, even when I am unlovable. - Need I say more?
34.) Sitting on my chaise lounge with a cup of coffee and relaxing. - I just close my eyes and thank God for the little things.
35.) People who overcome adversity.- This makes me happy.

Not a long list, but just some of the things that make me happy.  What makes you happy?  What or whom do you love?  If you are reading this and I haven't called you or communicated with you in quite some time; I apologize for being such a lousy friend/family member.  You are important to me and I want you to know that.  You are in every prayer, in my heart, and in my mind.  616-808-6146 is my cell, so we can text or call.  I don't care who calls whom, I just want you to know that I love you and I am asking for your forgiveness if I have hurt you by not keeping in contact with you.  I love you and God bless!

~Sally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dI love u baby girl. We had our ups and downs,. But we steel after all family. I am proud to have you as my Daughter-in-law. You make my son happy. And what you went throw with him no woman should have. But you stuck it out asking me what to do all I could do is tell you is to pray. Yray you did now you have a verry good husband and child . So God always works when you leave it in his hands, even thow its not on our tirms it's on him... Love ya