Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Just another day!

It has been nearly a month since Travis and the rest of company left for Iraq. I am dealing with this no better than when I found out he was leaving. I am learning how to deal with his absence, how to cope with the separation, and how to get along on my own. My faith in the Lord and in His plans for us, is being tested. The emotions, thoughts, concerns, and what-ifs are weighing heavily on my mind. I continue to pray through these, seeking mercy and guidance along the way. When I get that phone call from Travis, my world stops and I can only hear his voice and see his face (in my mind of course). I live for those moments, when he sends me an email and all it says is I love you baby or he calls me and tells me he will be alright and he misses me. I have spoken with several different wives, and I think they can all agree that deployments never get easier, you just learn how to better deal with them. I hope this next year will bring a lot of experience, a lot of freindships, a lot of letters from Travis, and a lot of joy. I am, as they say, keeping the faith. I know Jesus has plans for us, but it has always been hard for me to get used to His time and His way of doing things. I cannot wait to see Travis, and to give him a million hugs and kisses! I miss him and I love him.

Sally

No comments: