Friday, February 09, 2007

My travelin' Soldier!



Well, he is gone! He has boarded the bus that will lead him into a dangerous part of his job. There is nothing I can do to stop it, so I will do nothing but support him, pray over this, and just get through it. I have my family and my friends to keep my spirits high, right? Lets not forget Jesus...but He is a given of course. It was so hard to sit there and think about him leaving me....as if I were the only one who was going through this, I am so sorry ladies...I know we all are going through ruff waters with this deployment. I dont mean to be selfish or anything...I just haven't gone through this before and I am feeling new and scary emotions! The Army doesn't offer guarantees when it comes to this sort of thing. I wanted to touch him constantly, gaze into his eyes so I wouldnt forget how sparkly brown they are, remember his face with my eyes and my hands so I could remember it until he comes again. A WHOLE YEAR WITHOUT HIM?? Lord, I pray for strength and motivation. Here I am laying my burdens down at your feet Jesus, just please dont leave me during this most trying of times. My best friend, my husband, my soldier, my hero has left the comforts of his safe haven to fight for those less fortunate than himself. It takes a strong person to walk into a warzone. I dont know how any of them do it, except by the grace of God's hand and the guidance of a guardian angel leading their way. I love you Travis, and I miss you already. Hugs and Kisses!!


Mama Bear

No comments: