Saturday, October 22, 2011

Get Down With the Sickness.....

After recovering from my last post, and let's face it people, my brain isn't exactly a great place to go wandering around sometimes you know? So here I am refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on life. There has been some strange microscopic creepy crawlies lurking 'round these here parts. First Travis gets sick and then TJ comes down with something. Fevers spiking and vomit flying the likes of which I have never seen before. 105.7 was the highest little man's temp got while at the ER, which I must brag for a minute and say that my home town has an ER catered specifically to children....complete with VALET parking! Anyway, after all preliminaries determine that TJ has no significant infection(s), they send us home with some zofran and the hopes that he will get better. I was almost 100% certain that what he had was viral. After one more night of high temps (by this time big Travis was fine), I took TJ in to see his doc. The doc thinks it's viral as well. I am once again sent home and told to keep up the tylenol/motrin diet. TJ's fever broke sometime yesterday afternoon and tonight has sprouted a slight rash on his body. The doc had warned me I may see this; the affects of the Roseola Virus after the fever breaks. It doesn't hurt TJ or make him itchy...it's just there. Now I am feeling a bit under the weather; stuffy nose, sore throat, blah-de-blah. This whole ordeal, in conjunction with the incident at Garmisch, has taught me that my son does not handle illness well at all. Some kids have only a slight reaction to infections while others, like my overachiever, tend to spike rapid fevers and vomit like there's no tomorrow. Who knew? Now I have to catch up on housework, my to-do list, and get the kiddo back on a healthy schedule. It is CRAZY how fast an illness can throw everyone off!!

In other news, it is going to snow soon here. Those who know me well, know that I don't care for snow...not even on Christmas. I grew up with the stuff, lived around it my whole life, but I just cannot bring myself to agree with it. One thing I am excited about though is being able to build a snowman with TJ and Travis and take him sledding at Pinery Park (where I used to go as a child). Snow is good for a few things, I suppose. :)

Some of you have been asking what we've done to the house thus far, so I have created a small list of what we've changed or repaired (this ought to be about as fun as watching paint dry, which oddly enough...I did do).

*TJ's Room: painted, replaced outlet covers, hung shelving.
*Kitchen: Replaced faucet, put in nice fridge (stainless steel anyone?).
*Bathroom: Added window covering, replaced shower head (nice rain shower head).
*Livingroom: replaced air intake grate (woohoo)
*Master Bedroom: Replaced closet doorknob
*Upstairs bedroom: notta, zip, zero, zilch. It needs to be painted...some nice kids who lived here before us practiced graffiti all over the walls and ceiling.
*Basement: decorated it with boxes and storage totes. :P
*Misc.: Added ADT security system, repaired cracked steps, boarded up a window in the garage, hung the U.S. flag

There is still a lot to be done such as replacing weather stripping, covering the pipes in the basement, repairing a window in the basement, taking down an old motion sensor in the master bedroom, painting the upstairs, painting trim and doors, replacing light switches and covers. Just little things, but they will get done in time. :)

Our house is amazing; we have neighbors who can annoy us from time to time but all I have to do is close my window or shut my drapes and I don't have to hear or see them. I can play my guitar or my music as loud as I want, it's awesome! I am so very thankful that God has provided for us. We have our OWN home, and we don't ever have to leave it. Praise the Lord!!

Until Next Time!

No comments: